Problem: booting via DFE500TX

Hi there,

  I tried to run the network boot image for a D-Link DFE500TX adaptor. I
put the boot image on a floppy disk, and booted with that. Unfortunately,
I didn't get very far; the boot process terminates with an

	ERROR: init_bootp

The card was identified correctly (hw address, media and IRQ were found
correctly). On the server side, I can't find any entries from bootpd in
the logs, so I don't think the machine ever got that far -- and before
anyone even asks, the bootptab/bootpd are set up with the correct ethernet
address, and bootpd is working as it should (bootpd already has a laser
printer retrieving its IP number from it on powerup).

Any ideas?

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.