Re: New netboot version 0.8

Hello,

Bernd Fehling <befehl@ub.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> I just tried netboot version 0.8, but I get
> always a Segmentation fault with core dump
> while calling:
> ./mknbi-linux -d rom -i rom -k bzImage -o bootImage

This is because you didn't run 'make install'. All programs dump core when
the configuration file is not installed correctly. It will be corrected in
the next netboot release. Until then you should install a configuration
file in /usr/local/etc.

> Another thing to mention is that you have to
> care about the BASH version.
> While using the BASH Version 2.01.1(1)-release
> I got errors from the FOR-loops in the
> Makefiles.
> After changing to an older BASH version
> 1.14.7(1) all make succeded without errors.

This problem should only occur with the misc/romcheck subdirectory. If
possible please use a 1.xx version of bash. It will be corrected in the
next netboot release as well.

gero.

--
Poetry, like chastity, can be carried too far.
  - Mark Twain