Re: New netboot version 0.8

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today the latest netboot version 0.8 has been released. You can get it from
> the netboot WWW home page at http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot. Alternatively,
> it should show up at any sunsite mirror pretty soon in the directory
> /pub/Linux/system/Linux-boot. The total size of the compressed archive is
> 539kB.

Hello, I want to tell you that the new version of netboot fixed the
problems I was having with booting DEC Tulip (DE2114X) based cards. Thank
you very much. The one thing that it does that I can't figure out is that
it will run through displaying the letters of the alphabet while running
the boot rom. It displays something like this:

ahijklmnopqrstuvbWorking with Digital Semiconductor 21143/2 based 10/100
mbps Ethernet Controller
cPCI SLOT: 01      IRQ:10
defgPerforming Power-Up Autosense...

The rest looks normal. Is this some sort of stale debugging info left for
the packet driver?

Now that this works I will be burning a number of these (once the eprom
burner comes in) and I will tell you how it worked out.

Thank You,

Horace Demmink
PathWay Computing